The coronavirus pandemic has accelerated the advancement of digital banking and Fintech. As the demand for digital finance solutions has skyrocketed, new trends are emerging. Technology is helping speed up improvements in the finance world, just as it is in other industries.
– Cross-border payments on digital platforms and cryptocurrency, what are the implications for businesses in Africa and wealth creation?
– China tested its digital currency, Federal Reserve, European Central Bank, Bank of England have followed suit, is this a trend that African central banks should look into.
– What is the implication of money regulations and what are the implications in the middle and long-term transfer of money (Funding of Illegal activities).
– Is it a solution to banking financial literacy in Africa and what does it mean for the Unbanked going forward.
-What are the implications for traditional banking institution’s business.
– What to watch out for in 2021 especially in investment around digital currencies and the Fintech industry (Cybercrime, strengthening of compliance practices, risk management and operational controls, acceptance of digital currency by mainstream brands)
– Regulatory frameworks, Fintechs eg Safaricom and the African Market.
-Addressing Carbon footprint associated with cryptocurrency mining.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes