Topic: Property Rights
DATE 12th July
Join us for our next webinar with Phumlani Majozi, a development analyst living in South Africa.
An efficient free market relies on strong property rights and is important in ensuring that there is control over economic resources and conflicts are resolved in a peaceful way. The importance of property rights cannot be understated. It is one of the key cornerstones of a stable and prosperous economy. For one to be able to utilize their property fully, there is a need for one to be able to own and have full control over their property.
Webinar Discussion Focus:
- Overall importance of having sound property rights within a country
- Structure of the property rights in Southern and East Africa countries.
- The role of the legal system in ensuring property rights
- Need for protection from confiscation and government control of property rights.
- Do property rights guarantee freedom.
- What areas to fix in the property right structures in East African Countries.